This Keto Friendly High Protein Vietnamese Chicken Salad is the best thing that could happen to you whether you are on a ketogenic diet or not! High in protein, it is delicious and oh so crunchy.
One of the most common demands over the last month has been recipes for more keto friendly salads. A lot of the salads I have done are keto friendly or can easily be adapted to become keto friendly. But one of my favorite Keto salads is the Vietnamese Chicken Salad. In my brief stint with keto, I used to make some version of this at least twice a week. So all you keto lovers, here is the recipe you need to bookmark.
You could modify this salad according to how strict you are on keto or whether you are doing keto at all or not. I have added a wee bit of grated carrot to it, it gives that slight tinge of sweetness yet doesn’t add too many carbs to it. If I am not serving it to people in keto, I like to add a little bit of honey to the dressing though it works perfectly fine without it as well.
Also since you guys asked, here is the list of some other keto salads on the blog.
Salad Nicoise (skip the potatoes)
Harissa Grilled Halloumi (skip the black rice)
Tofu with Asian Slaw (sautee tofu without quinoa in spices)
Hope this helps all you guys on keto. I will be posting some more keto friendly recipes since a lot of you have been messaging me asking for some. So do stay tuned!
Keto Friendly High Protein Vietnamese Chicken Salad
For the marinade and dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey skip if using this as a keto meal
- 2 tbsp lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger peeled and minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the salad
- 500 gms chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Chinese cabbage thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 2 medium English cucumber thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves divided
- 1/4 cup peanuts lightly toasted
- Mix all the ingredients of marinating and dressing. Coat the chicken breast in some of the sauce and set it aside for 30mins to an hour.
- In a hot cast iron pan, heat some olive oil and cook the breast till browned on both sides and well cooked. Keep aside for resting for atleast 15minutes before slicing.
- Shred the chicken in thin pieces. Mix the shredded chicken with rest of the salad ingriendents and pour 3 tbsp dressing to the same. Mix gently and serve topped with crunchy peanuts