A simple noodle salad always hits the right spots in our home. This Udon Noodle Salad with Soya Chilli Dressing is no difference. Bursting with flavors this Japanese inspired salad is a true delight.
I have said this very often on the blog, I am an out and out noodle person. Noodles are what I choose as my comfort food when eating Asian flavors. And this Udon Noodle Salad is a hot favorite of everyone at home.
The good thing about this salad is the fact that it is so adaptable. I often make it with whatever vegetables I have in the fridge, sometimes I add leftover chicken to it. On the other times, I fry some prawns and add to it. At times, slices of tofu go in with the noodles. I have once tried it with lamb kheema and even that tasted good. And if I don’t have anything, I always boil some eggs along. Though the salad works perfectly well without a protein as well.
Today the recipe I am sharing here has the vegetables I like most in the salad. But don’t let that restrict you, this salad has the potential to be you empty your fridge salad. So forgiving in what you use that you will wonder why didn’t you make this before and such comforting flavors especially if you like South East Asian food.
And without further edo, leaving you with the recipe of a super simple and delicious Udon Noodle Salad. Bon Appetite!
If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you say. And track all the posts for the Salad A-Z here.
Udon Noodle Salad with Soya Chilli Dressing
- 300 gm udon noodles
- 100 gm Cherry Tomatoes havled
- 2 small European cucumber sliced
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper
- 100 gm Spring Onions
- 4 egg boiled
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Boil the noodles as per the instruction on the packet. Drain, wash in cold water and set aside
- Boil eggs, peel, slice and set aside. I like mine just boiled so I boil them to 6.5 minutes
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl
- Fire roast the corn on the cob and once cool cut the corn kernels.
- Mix all the salad ingriendts apart from eggs. Add the dressing and mix gently. Top with boiled eggs and enjoy. It tastes great with a sunny side too if that is what you prefer.
Nilesh Pawar says
Thanks for giving fruitful information. Madam Please upload panner tikka masala home made recipe.