Harissa Grilled Halloumi Salad with Black Rice is a delicious and flavorsome salad meal. A perfect balance of carbohydrates, protein, and raw food, it is a salad you will fall in love with.
I love salads which can be considered complete meals by themselves. A bit of carbs, some protein and lots of fresh vegetables. This Harissa Grilled Halloumi Salad with Black Rice is one such salad. Sticky black rice, spicy harissa grilled halloumi, and crunch of cucumber and lettuce. Perfect weekday dinner.
One of the things I have heard many people saying that they want salads bland. And I think that’s more in our mind and how we perceive salads. Introducing one element in the salad which is slightly spicy or having a dressing which has enough spice for your taste can take care of that problem.
In this salad, I have used Harissa grilled Halloumi cheese, which BTW is one of my favorite cheese. If you don’t have Halloumi, you can use paneer as well. But coming back to the spice, a combination of Harissa in grilled cheese and a bit of it in the salad dressing makes it really perfect for the Indian palate.
This can really be extended to use any of your favorite dip or sauce. Anything spicy like sriracha, chilly paste or even chutneys from India.
So leaving you with the recipe for this delicious salad . If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you say. And track all the posts for the Salad A-Z here.
Harrisa Grilled Halloumi Salad with Black Rice
For the Harissa Grilled Halloumi
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 200 gms Halloumi
- 2 tbsp Harissa Paste
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Harissa Paste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
For the Salad
- 1 cup mixed lettuce (I used Oak green and butterhead)
- 4 plum chopped
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes sliced into half
- 1 European cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup black rice boiled
- Slice Halloumi into thin slices and slather it with Harissa paste.
- In a cast iron pan, saute the Halloumi till golden brown on both side.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Gently mix all the salad ingredients and add dressing to it. Serve immediately.