The Green Tea Glass Noodle Salad is a light and refreshing salad. A perfect meal for summer or a side in a larger Asian dinner. It packs a fantastic flavor punch and nutrition.
I am a noodle person if there is a poll between rice and noodles. I always pick noodles and they are also one of my favorite carbs to add to salads. Especially the rice noodles. And this green tea glass noodle salad is the current favorite at home. It is perfect for summer meals when all the heart desires are light and refreshing foods.
I have been making glass noodle salad for a very long time. And then a few weeks ago, I tasted a green tea noodle salad at Fatty Bao as a part of their new menu. I think that salad was one of my favorite things in that lunch and I knew I will take that inspiration and create something at home.
They had used matcha to boil noodles and have that gorgeous green color. Unfortunately, I only had golden matcha at home and hence the color is not such a vibrant green. But the flavors are really delicious. Since I was aiming for light and fresh flavor, I used the orange and ginger dressing (minus sesame seeds).
The final salad is really nothing like what I ate at Fatty but oh god, it was finger licking delicious. Lots of flavors, color, and texture. This is going to be a salad that will be repeated many times through summer. This was a vegan version but I am thinking, adding some prawns to it will be a great idea as well next time.
Green Tea Glass Noodle Salad
For the dressing
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar (you can use honey if but it won't be vegan anymore)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
For the salad
- 75 grams glass noodles (1 cup boiled)
- 2 tsp golden matcha (you can use green as well)
- 1 European cucumber julienned
- 1/2 green zuchnini julienne
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes cut into half
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/4 cup bell peppers julienned
- handful of microgreens for garnish
- Boil the glass noodles as per the instructions on the packet. Just add tsp of golden matcha to the water. The matcha will flavour and give colour to the noodles.
- In a jar, Mix together all the dressing ingredients. Keep aside
- Mix boiled glass noodles with chopped chopped vegetables and gently add the dressing.
- Serve cold