Egg Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese might be an indulgent salad but it is also an extremely comforting meal. Works as a sandwich filling or a topping for bruschetta as well. Making it a perfect party snack. And Keto Friendly to boot!
Egg and bacon is a match made in heaven. And this Egg Salad with bacon and blue cheese just takes it a notch higher. I can (though I should not) eat bowls full of this while watching Netflix or reading a book.
This salad is also Keto and paleo friendly, infact all you people doing keto should lap this up now. When I dabbled with keto, one of my biggest challenges was to eat enough fat. Protein has never been an issue, I love eggs and can eat them every day without getting bored. Chicken, fish and other meats are also much loved in the house.
I did miss my bread but kind of made peace with it soon as well. But it was the fat that was my problem. Maybe it is the way we have been taught to eat, I just couldn’t get enough fat in my diet. At the end of the day looking at my macros would have me reach out to fat bomb. It was then that this recipe was so helpful. It has eggs, mayo, cheese, and bacon. Life is so sorted with this. And it is so freaking delicious as well.
Fast forward to my non-keto existent, I still make this salad once in two weeks. Everyone at home loves it! The rocket and the beet microgreens cut out the creaminess and fat so well. And it works brilliantly well as a sandwich filling too.
Egg Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt If in Keto, use hung curd or all Mayo
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs boiled, chilled and diced
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crispy and diced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup rocket leaves
- Salt to taste
- beet microgreens for garnishing
- In large bowl, prepare the salad dressing by whisking together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- To the dressing add in diced eggs, bacon and blue cheese. Fold gently so that the eggs aren't broken. Add rocket and stir again.
- Transfer to the serving bowl/plate and garnish with beet microgreens
- You can serve this on a bed of lettuce or toasted bread or crackers or eat just as it is.