A delicious Fig and Asparagus Salad with Grape Vinaigrette. Using seasonal ingredients and creating magic with them on the plate. This one is my favorite salad to pair with a glass of wine in the weekend.
We are progressing pretty nicely on the salad challenge, aren’t we? One week done and 6 posts dusted. I am feeling rather happy with myself. Now only three more weeks to go. LOL. But thank you for all the fantastic feedback on all the channels. I can see you folks are enjoying this almost as much as I am. And next in the series is Fig and Asparagus Salad. A super favorite at home.
Fresh Figs are in season right now and I love eating them as a snack, making jam out of them. And then of course, how could I not use them in the salad series. There had to be a salad with them.
This Fig and Asparagus Salad was put together purely on the basis of what I saw on the store shelf while browsing. The Asparagus looked tender, fresh and cheap (surprise), there were beautiful black grapes and I had some pickled olives begging to be used. Toasted walnuts and feta cheese from my pantry and we had a delicious seasonal salad.
In case you are wondering where are the grapes on the plate, they are in the dressing. Yeah, it is fun to sneak in stuff and flavors sometimes. That is why I love playing around with dressing.
So leaving you with the recipe. If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you say. And track all the posts for the Salad A-Z here
Fig and Asparagus Salad with Grape Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup green lettuce
- 8 fresh figs halved
- 4 olives pickled, use any if you don't have pickled
- 100 gm Asparagus lightly steamed
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh grape juice you can use tetra pack is fresh is not available
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp red wine vinegar if needed - see instructions
- In a small jar (old jam jar works the best), add all dressing ingredients apart from red wine vinegar. Shake until well combined. Taste the dressing and adjust acidity with red wine vinegar if required. If you are using
- In a plate or bowl, gently mix or layer the salad ingredients and drizzle the topping. Serve immediately
Leave a Reply