The fluffy, mildly sweet Muesli Pancakes with Caramelized Peaches are a delightful breakfast, especially with the muesli adding a bit of crunch to the soft pancakes.
Imagine a plate full of mildly sweet, soft yet crunchy textured Muesli Pancakes with some caramelized peaches on top!
Now, raise your hands if you don’t like pancakes. You, the person reading in the office, hiding the screen from the boss OR you, sneaking in the page on the mobile while driving, OR you, sitting in a class and managing to read this under the hawk eye of the professor OR you, who is pretending to pay attention on to the weekly staff meeting while actually browsing food blogs and more. Any of you raise your hands if you don’t like pancakes. None?
I guessed as much, I am yet to meet a person who doesn’t like pancakes. The fluffy, mildly sweet breakfasts are everyone’s favorite and this version with Muesli adds a bit of crunch to your pancake making it even more delightful. Served with caramelized peaches it is a heart winning breakfast. These pancakes work equally well with any fruit compote or even just the syrup.
What I love about this pancake is how the crunchiness of the Muesli gives an amazingly different dimension to the softness of the pancakes. The caramelized peaches (which are really easy to make!) give a bit of sweetness and tartness to the pancakes, giving a flavoursome feeling as we dig into the pancakes.
I have so many Muesli recipes on the blog, and I love the different ways we can use Muesli.
Before we go to the recipe, here are some interesting ways to use Muesli.
Muesli Pancakes with Caramelized Peaches
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour / atta
- 1 cup Nuts Muesli Kellogg's Delight
- 2 eggs medium
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt of
- 2 tbsps butter melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
For the Caramelized Peaches
- 6 peaches , peeled pitted and sliced
- 1 butter tsbp
- 2 vanilla sugar tsbp
- Mix together both the flours, muesli, baking powder and salt together, Keep aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, melted butter and honey till well incorporated.
- In a hot pan, heat the butter for peaches, add peaches and saute on high for 2 minutes. Add sugar and saute further till it is browned. Keep aside.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a hot pan, add a dollop of pancake mixture and let it spread on its own. Let it cook till the pancake is golden brown and it starts bubbling. Flip and cook the other side as well.
- Repeat for the full batter. Served with the caramelized peaches and some more muesli sprinkled.