These Nutella Apple Cupcakes have the goodness of whole wheat flour and apples and the deliciousness of Nutella! What more can you ask for?
I am calling these nutella apple cupcakes as vanishing cupcakes. And if you are wondering why, here is the reason 🙂 Yesterday, my sister in law’s kids were at my home and predictably came and said auntie please bake something for us. I decided to bake these nutella apple cupcakes.
I made 18 of them and left them for cooling. When I came back after 30 mins and I saw only 10 of them left. I packed away one each for their snack boxes in the morning. Then again when I saw after an hour, there were only four left!!! I was pretty astonished and went ‘What? These are vanishing cupcakes :)’
These nutella apple cupcakes are low in fat and are filled with whole wheat flour which makes them healthy too.
I love baking this kind of cupcakes and muffins, which are healthy. Replacing the all purpose flour (maida) even by 50% with whole wheat flour means that you are making the food healthier. Add to that some fruits, and you can definitely make these for kids without worrying about it too much. Whether its savory muffins like the zucchini, corn and smoked cheese muffins, or sweet ones like the apple carrot and walnut ones, it is always a hit among kids. I personally believe these healthy muffins and cupcakes are just right for lunchboxes because I know they will definitely be appreciated and enjoyed. And what more does a parent want than have their kids savor the taste of the food they are eating!
So make a batch of these amazing nutella apple cupcakes and you can see them vanish away in no time, just like I did 🙂
Recipe : Adapted from The Purple Foodie (which I told you earlier is my current blog love and has been for quite some time)
Vanishing Cupcakes - Nutella Apple Cupcakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 2 apple pureed
- 4 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk hot
- 2 tsps baking powder
- pinch baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat the eggs and sugar together till slightly fluffy. Add the pureed apples and Nutella. Beat a little more. Add the vanilla and stir.
- Add the cocoa powder to it and mix well.
- Sift together the salt, both the flours, baking powder and soda.
- Add this along with the choco chips to the wet mixture made above and mix both till just mixed.
- Pour the hot milk on top and mix again (don't overmix remember the golden rule of muffins is don't overmix the batter)
- Pour in the lined muffin trays and bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for about 20 minutes or till done.