Oven roasted Gobhi is a delightful dish with the flavors of cumin infused in the gobhi to give it a brilliant taste!
Oven roasted gobhi tastes so wonderful and is so easy to make.
This morning when I suddenly came to know, I have some guests coming over for dinner. I tweeted people asking for some quick to make dishes which are fancy too. Most of the suggestions were something that I have already tried. Then Chandhana sent me a tweet saying that ‘try Oven Roasted cumin gobhi’ and from the first time, I heard it, I knew this is something I have to try. I asked her if she has a recipe and she sent me one in email. God bless her and the decision was made.
Does that look tempting enough? Let me tell you it was tastier than it looks. I did make a couple of changes to her recipe. What I didn’t do was to parboil the gobhi before baking or oven roasting it, as I like my gobhi a little crisp.
Oven roasting is really easy to be honest. There are loads of vegetables you can actually make oven roast. I tried so many other vegetables. I think the best I enjoyed was pumpkin. You can make so many dishes from oven roasted pumpkin.
Can making cauliflower get easier than this? This is the dish that absolutely signifies beauty in simplicity and trust me this is one of the best cauliflower dishes I have ever eaten. Just five ingredients and you have such an brilliant dish in hand. I can’t think of anything easier to make, especially if you have guests. It just involves chopping and pre-heating the oven. Just keep in oven and it is all done. Definitely, a recipe for keepsake. Try it today 🙂
Oven Roasted Gobhi
- 500 gms cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- to taste salt
- Mash or coarsely grind the spices using a mortar. Don't use the mixer, you will totally spoil the dish.
- Heat the olive oil and toss cauliflower florets into it, stir fry for abt a minute.
- Add spices to cauliflower, mix well.
- Arrange them in a single layer in a baking dish and bake in the top most rack of a pre heated oven at 200C for 20 mins.
- Remove mix well again and put it back in for about 10 more mins... bingo its done.