Apple Coconut Kheer – Easy 15 minute Microwave Dessert with really simple ingredients. What else can one ask for? A bookmark worthy recipe.
Apple Coconut Kheer is one of my go-to desserts when I am in a hurry. It is ready in 15 minutes and has basic ingredients which I have on hand always.
I don’t cook in the microwave very often but there are a few things I love making in it and especially when I am pressed for time. This apple coconut kheer is one of them. And the best thing is when you make it in the microwave the fear of the kheer breaking is lesser than when you make the same on the stove.
The only things one needs to keep in mind while making this in microwave are –
- keep stirring in between to prevent overflow.
- Use a big bowl to prevent the milk from overflowing.
I am also not a big apple fan. I mean, I don’t like to eat it as a fruit but I love using apples in desserts. The baked goodies, the simple poached apple and this Indian style Apple Coconut kheer. The pairing with coconut almost makes it perfect and I am thinking next time I will add a handful of Baileys in it to make an adult version. In my head, it is working so well. What do you think? Will it work?
Talking about apples, have you checked out the recipe for this Apple Chocolate Clafouti yet? It is another one of my easy go-to desserts.
Apple Coconut Kheer
- 1 apple peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 500 ml milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsps sugar optional, if you like your dessert less sweet, skip this
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp ghee .
- 2 tbsp raisin
- Put ghee, nuts, raisin and coconut in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 mins.
- Add warmed milk and the rest of the ingredients and microwave on high for 6 mins.
- Serve hot or chill before serving