Low Fat Mango Blueberry Crumble
Come fresh fruits and my mind starts thinking about crumbles and pies, the crunch of the apple, the sweetness of the mango, the tartness of the kiwi...yummm.
Its been really long I have been trying to experiment with making the crumble topping butter free, I have tried oil which works out fine but somehow that punch to the crumble is missing and while doing experiments somewhere I stumbled on the fact that one can use honey to bind topping ingredients rather than butter and I was like what a brilliant idea, we can let go of sugar too this way. I decided to experiment anyways in the kitchen and figure out. I didn't have a recipe with me just an idea that yes honey can may be replace butter and totally used my instincts to make the crumble that day and it turned out really yummy and I think I liked it even better cause I knew its guilt free pleasure ;-)
Recipe - Low Fat Mango Blueberry Crumble.
For the fruit base
For the crumble topping
- Mix all the fruit stuffing ingredients together and cook on the stove top for about 2 minutes
- Don't let the mangoes over cook
- Pour the filling in lightly greased ramekins of a pie dish
- Mix well all the ingredients of the crumble and let it stand for about 15 minutes in the fridge
- Spread the crumble topping on top of the fruit layer and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 25 minutes till the top is nicely browned
Enjoy warm as it is or topped with ice cream of custard.