Strawberry chocolate cupcakes which will steal your heart away! That pretty pink frosting with some sprinkles on it make these cupcakes, the perfect dessert!
What’s prettier than a strawberry and what’s more tastier than a strawberry? Honestly, when it is strawberry season, it is a difficult question to answer 🙂 I love strawberries, the delicate balance between tartness and sweetness, the bright red and the fresh green. And the fact that they are so versatile to use in our day to day cooking makes them almost out of the world. There are so many things you can do with them. Eating it just like them to eating them with whipped cream or with rum spiked chocolate ganache! Make some delicious strawberry pies and tarts, strawberry shortbread, strawberry jam and of course, my favorite strawberry chocolate cupcakes!
Don’t they look pretty ? I mean look at that pink on the cupcakes – They are guaranteed to take away anyone’s heart 🙂
We spent this strawberry season making these cupcakes over and over again. I have made them with eggs, without eggs, champagne infused and plain. Made them for the house, made them for friends and made them for orders and yet I couldn’t post it sooner. However, there still are a few strawberries in the market for you to try this yummy cupcakes.
Like I said, it is the vibrant red of the strawberries make them a very lucrative fruit to work with! When you add some whipped cream to it, the red turns into a brilliant pink which is really very difficult to resist! And then strawberries make a wonderful addition to salads. I have tried one with strawberries, lettuce and feta cheese, and trust me, the sweet and tart taste of the strawberries blend so well with the delicious feta cheese, that you can’t stop eating this salad at all!
Here is the recipe of these delicious strawberry chocolate cupcakes – an eggless version and one version with eggs! Go on and make them today!
Two Way Strawberry Chocolate Cupcakes and being in the news
For the muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yoghurt for the eggless version
- 2 nos. eggs for the egg version
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate white chips
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 cup champagne (optional but highly recommended :))
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1.5 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven at 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with liners or use the stand alone muffin cups like the green ones in picture. I swear they are super awesome!
- Mix flour, baking powder, castor sugar and both the chocolate chips in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients i.e milk, eggs (or yoghurt) and butter. Give it a slight whisk.
- Now mix the dry and the wet ingredients together till just mixed. Don't over mix it.
- Fold in the strawberries and the champagne if you are using.
- Pour in the prepared mould and bake for about 15-20 minutes till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Leave it for cooling completely and while its cooling, go ahead and eat one. If you are anything like my son and I, you will have only a couple left for frosting!
- To make the frosting, using a handmixer beat butter till light and fluffy.
- Add sugar in three batches and beat till well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and the strawberry puree and beat for another minute, if you feel its too thin, add some more icing sugar gradually till you reach the desired consistency.
- Using a star nozzle, pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles.