A vibrant plate of pressure cooker pasta, full of colours of seasonal fresh vegetables, cheesy pasta and the spicy hint provided by pepper. Perfect summer meal & good for the lunch box as well!
This pressure cooker pasta has become one of my favourite quick meals for sometime. The fact that I love one pot meals and topped by the fact that everyone in the house loves pasta was just an added advantage.
And this one is so super easy to make that I should may be tag it as bachelor cooking 😉 Just saute veggies, add spices, cheese, pasta and water and steam. That is about it.
I first heard about pressure cooker pasta somedays ago on my favorite FB haunt these days the Foodies in Bangalore group. Someone posted a picture of pressure cooker macaroni and it intrigued me, I decided to give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised with the yummy taste. Post that, its become such a regular meal at home. Any day, I am lazy or want a one pot meal, I turn to this as the Ojas loves pasta and has taken quite a liking to this one too.
We had this with a fresh and crunchy salad and some lousy bread from daily bread. Next time, I won’t do that blunder and I urge you guys to think about it too 😉 If you don’t believe me, see how crumbly the bread is in the picture below. The crust, if you can even call it that, was hardly sustaining the cutting with my sharp bread knife.
But the pasta and that salad was so mind blowing. I loved simplicity of the meal. Sometimes, all you need is a bit of vegetables and cheese, and life seems amazing, isn’t it? A favorite in our house along with the roasted tomatoes & basil pasta 🙂
Recipe – Pressure Cooker Pasta.
Source – Adapated from a post in FB group.
A fresh and summery meal - Pressure Cooker pasta with a Crunchy Salad
- 1 cup chopped vegetables I used yellow, green and red peppers, broccoli, baby corn
- 5 to 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 to 3 red chillies fresh
- 3/4 cup cheese grated
- 1 cup pasta raw
- Handful of or 1 tsp oregano rosemary fresh or dried herbs of choice
- 2 tsps olive oil
- to taste salt (but do remember about the cheese too)
- 1/2 to 1 tsps pepper freshly ground
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
Crunchy Summer Salad
- 5 - 6 lettuce leaves green
- 5 - 6 lettuce leaves red
- 1/2 cup peppers sliced thin yellow and red
- 1/2 cup chopped physalis
for the dressing.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 1 tsp pepper freshly ground
- to taste salt
- Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker, add all the vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated cheese, the seasoning i.e herbs, salt and pepper. Saute for another minute.
- Add the water and the pasta. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and don't put the whistle on, let it cook on high flame till the steam starts building. Reduce the flame post that and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 mins and serve hot.
- For Salad
- Mix all the vegetables together, if u have a salad spinner give it a spin or just mix it well enough.
- Stir all the dressing ingredients till well mixed, pour over the salad veggies and mix again.
- Chill and serve.
CSAAM 2013 says
Now I’ve seen everything! Pasta khichdi, from the sound of it. I have to try this!
Anushruti | Divinetaste says
This sounds so easy and quick Monika!
thanks Anushruti and welcome here 🙂
Thanx for the pasta recipe and the leafy fresh salad looks great too.
First time here. Your blog is great. Happy to follow from now on 😀
Thank u so much for visiting Anuja… hope u enjoy the journey with me 🙂
Hubby made this for dinner tonight..I just asked him to add garlic and omit the red chilies.
yummy in my tummy