A three layered brownie – with a chocolate chip cookie base, then a layer of oreo biscuit, topped with a super dark and super gooey brownie layer on top!
Brownies are like comfort desserts, if there anything like that. I love to bake them and I love to eat them. They are also delightful dishes which adapt to flavours and variations so well. It is fun to bake various versions of them, like this three layered brownie!
When I first saw this three layered brownie (it is not my idea dude I agree 😉 ) with a chocolate chip cookie base, then a layer of oreo biscuit, topped with a super dark and super gooey brownie layer on top, it was love at first sight. Sinfully delicious. What is not to love in this, tell me?
I love baking and especially if it is something with chocolate in it, I surely love to try it. I am a big brownies fan. Which is evident if you do a quick check on the number of brownie recipes I have on the blog! Whether it is the Indian fusion brownie where I put up a layer of chikki on the brownie or top it up with some bacon, every brownie is an absolute delight to bake. I have an adult brownie version made with cocoa, cranberry and whiskey which I make regularly for adults as desserts 🙂
And if you are vegan (and even if you are not!) you should try this delicious brownie made with zucchini and tofu. Trust me, no one can guess the ingredients if you don’t tell them about it 🙂 Now that I have made my love for brownies very evident, in this post, without further delay, here is the three layer brownie recipe for you.
Idea credit – somewhere on the internet
Recipe – mostly mine
Three Layered Brownie
For the chocolate chip cookie layer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt of
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
for the oreo layer
- 14 - 15 oreo cookies
For the brownie layer
- 10 tbsps unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180C for 20 minutes.
- Grease and line a 8X8 square pan with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- For the cookie dough - In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as you beat. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Gently pressing the cookie dough into the bottom of the lined pan, making sure to spread it in an even layer. My layer came to be pretty thin and that is how I like it.
- On top of this spread the whole oreo cookies (tip : our sunfeast dark magic works brilliantly well as well, infact works better) as close to each other as possible. Set aside.
- For the brownie batter - In a large microwave friendly mixing bowl, melt the butter. Once melted, add the sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to incorporate. Put it back in the microwave for 10 seconds if the mixture feels too stiff. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs to the batter and then whisk until combined. In a separate bowl, sift the flour and then slowly incorporate the flour into the batter until it's all mixed.
- Pour the batter on top of the prepared pan with cookies.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 C for 30-35 minutes. Don't over cook.
Leave a Reply