Zucchini and Tofu Vegan Brownies are so astonishingly Brownie-ish and delicious, that trust me, no one will ever be able to tell the ingredients in them!
I tried this zucchini and tofu vegan brownies recently. I have slacked more than enough for posting the last of the A-Z of baking. I mean who would think I did so well till W and then slack. When I started I wasn’t even sure I will reach anywhere. But after W, a lot happened, Mother in law at home slipped and needed a surgery, travel for work came up among many other things.
But like they say better late than never. So here are some Zucchini and Tofu vegan brownies. No, please don’t faint people, you have indeed come to the correct blog. Yes, I love my eggs and my meat A LOT, but I also have friends and I have readers and some of them are vegan and if there is one thing people will confirm about me, is the fact that I love my friends and will go to any extent to feed them 😀
And honestly if I feed you these brownies, without telling you these are vegan, chances are 90% people won’t know and would be happy to eat this gooey chocolatey goodness. The tofu and the zucchini both give it a fantastic texture without overpowering the taste. I have made these without tofu as well and they turn out decent but adding tofu really takes them to a different level.
And these adapt very well to other flavours, nuts, berries and more. They all go very well in this. If you need a vegan brownie recipe, THIS is where you search ends. I promise. And these are so super easy to make as well that you will pinch yourself to check if they are for real!
Other awesome brownie recipes on the blog!
Zucchini and Tofu Vegan Brownies
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tofu silken
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup maida
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped
- Pre heat the oven at 160 C and grease and line a 6X6 square pan with parchment paper. Do grease the paper also if you are using butter paper or foil. A good parchment paper however does not need any greasing besides butter paper is actually not food grade and has wax and I strongly recommend not using it.
- Squeeze out some of the excess water from the grated Zucchini and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, Whisk together oil, tofu and sugar till well mixed and smooth. Add grated zucchini and vanilla, stir well.
- Sift together both the flours, cocoa, cinnamon powder and add it to the wet mixture. Mix till incorporated. Fold the chopped chocolate in it and pour in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes till the sides are fully set and the top of the brownie is shiny.
- Cool before cutting in squares and serve warm