Chikki Brownies are the perfect fusion sweets to make for any special occasion. Combining the international flavours of brownies and topping them with our Indian chikkis, this is one sweet which is bound to be a hit with everyone!
I love the idea of bringing together various cuisines and these chikki brownies are a result of this idea!
Several years ago, I started a range of baked goodies for Diwali called “Flavour Bombs”. These were the baked goodies which drew inspiration from sweets that were quintessentially Indian. Boondi ladoo and rabri cheesecakes, Chocolate and Pan cupcakes and few more items were on offer. I remember being drowned in orders and promising myself never to do it again but then came next Diwali and the desire to bake something again on those lines came back with full force.
For the second round, I partnered with a dear friend Swati and while brainstorming she said “We must do something with the brownie.” and somehow in an instant my reply was “Let’s do a chikki brownie!”. I was traveling at that time and I remember how excited Swati got and tested a recipe the same evening and called me very excited on how good it is.
We put them on the menu, that year and the year next to it and though I don’t take orders anymore people still call to ask if I can bake them a batch of Chikki brownies, Diwali or not.
To me Chikki Brownies are warmth, an indication of the winter that is about to arrive. About the chilly evenings on the horizon and the memories of Delhi winter and eating patti after almost every meal. Besides the crunch of the chikki is just outstanding with the chewy chocolately brownies.
Chikki brownies to us now are a trademark of Diwali, for O they are the best brownies that exist and every time he eats a brownie home made or otherwise he goes “It is good but chikki brownies are the best”
And this also happens to be the first recipe on the youtube channel. Do see and tell me what do you think 🙂
More Fusion Recipes like Chikki Brownie
And before the recipe, some more fusion food desserts which I have tried!
Chikki Brownies | Brownies with Peanut Praline
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar (equal parts brown and granulated)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cocoa heaped tbps
- 50 gm peanut chikki peanut praline
- Pre heat the oven to 180C, grease and line a 6-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler or microwave.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and salt. Mix well till combined.
- Set aside for 3 minutes for it to cool slightly.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together twice and set aside. Add the sea salt and mix well.
- Add vanilla and one egg at one time to the chocolate mixture and whisk till fully incorporated.
- Add and fold in the flour mixture in three parts.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Crush the chikki and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 mins at 170C. And let it cool completely before slicing.