Burger Thats Less Guilty
Everyone has a food they often crave for, be it junk or healthy most often junk... that food for me is BURGER... I just love a good burger... I still remember when I was growing up every time I would see a street vendor selling burgers I would go weak in the knee and would want to have it... I remember what a joyful day it was when McD opened in Delhi.
Sadly I avoid all junk food these days (atleast try and avoid) and hence burger consumption has gone down sadly the cravings haven't, so now I make my own burgers at home patty not fried... no mayo and cheese used so makes me feel less guilty about the whole thing.
Add in a little oats and veggies to the patty and take a whole wheat bun, use hung curd instead of mayo and the burger actually turns into healthy food from junk ;-)
For the patty
For the filling
- Hang curd in a muslin cloth for atleast an hour so that the whey drains out. Keep aside till needed.
- For the patty - roast the oats in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat till light brown in color, cool and give it a stir in the mixer to get a coarse powder.
- Mix all the patty ingredients together well and make rounds (any other shape u desire) and keep aside.
- Heat one tsp of olive oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the patty one by one on both sides.
- Take the hung curd and add the mustard powder, dried herbs, salt and cabbage to it and mix well.
- Cut the burger bun into two parts and a heat slightly on a pan. Add some tomato sauce or chilly sauce whichever u can handle or prefer. Place some onions on it. Put a spoon full of hung curd mixture on it and now keep the patty on top of it. Top it with another onion and/or any other vegetable u wish to.
- Keep the other half of the bun on top and dig in what are u waiting for ;-)
burger buns - Whole wheat or normal which ever u can lay hands on.
And also sending this to Fast Food not Fat food the concept of which is the same as the reason I came up with this burger :D.