On a whim, I decided to use olive oil to make these awesome mixed nuts brownies, and I think it was the best decision I took!
Olive oil & mixed nut brownies when you are craving for something chocolate-y and you run out of butter at home!
Bangalore weather currently is what dreams are made of. Rain, slight chill in the air and dreamy clouds. While dreams can be made of this, it is certainly horrible for work. I have had deadlines staring at me all day long but I have been turning my face away from them, pretending to be an ostrich, thinking if I look at my kindle and not laptop, the deadlines, perhaps, will go away?
And then in a fit of motivation and a severe chocolate craving. I felt like baking, gooey rich chocolate brownies. After trying to ignore that wish for a good one hour and trying to focus on work (okay honest, I tried before the kindle made its way to my hands), I gave up and started collecting ingredients. You see, once in a while, I do this, Miss-everything-in-place-while-baking, while rest of the times, I am running around, collecting them after half the steps are done.
Anyway, I digress. While putting together the ingredients, I found there is NO BUTTER at home. So now the choice was no mixed nut brownies, drive to the shop or figure out something. And at a whim, I decided to bake mixed nut brownies with olive oil and oh God, not praising myself, but goodness how delicious they are. They are so good that they got me on to the laptop to be blogged about ASAP. Make them and you can thank me later.
Before we just to the recipe, here is the recipe to the super yum olive oil almond lemon cake!
Olive Oil & Mixed Nut Brownies
- 150 grams Dark chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 tbsps Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Chocolate chips dark
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs large
- 1/3 cup nuts Chopped (almond, macadamia , pistachio, wal)
- 1 pod Vanilla
- Heat olive oil and chopped chocolate together till the chocolate is completely melted in a double boiler or microwave. If you are using a microwave be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Add the sugar to the melted chocolate mixture and let it stand for 5 minutes till slightly cool.
- Now add egg one by one and stir till mixed
- Add sea salt, scraped vanilla paste and stir.
- Sieve together, cocoa powder and flour and add to the above mixture. Gently mix.
- In the end fold the chocolate chips in. Grease and line a 6x6 baking pan with parchment paper and pour the batter. Spread the chopped and toasted nuts on top of the batter. And bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool for atleast an hour before slicing, use a wet knife for cleaner slices.