A three-layered mango cheese cake which spells deliciousness in every layer! The perfect way to make use of the stunning mangoes which are available in summer and this makes a perfect dessert option!
I had been thinking about mango cheese cake since mangoes came to the market and just when the urge was getting stronger and stronger, Nags gave it that final push by posting the yummiest looking cheese cake.
As soon as I saw that, I started planning when should I make it. I started hoping that someone should come over for dinner so that I would find a perfect excuse for making it as I try and resist making desserts just like that. We take enough calories anyways, and the desserts just pile up on those. The opportunity came when a friend was supposed to come for dinner. I rushed and brought everything to start making it, but unfortunately, the dinner plan got cancelled. With that went my dreams of making this cheese cake too. But now the spark was lit and there was nothing which could stop me from making it 😛 So I decided I was going to make it anyway :D.
I made some in the small glasses and they looked so cute. The rest of the ingredients, I put in a spring form tin to make a big cake. Co-incidentally, we went for an unplanned picnic the next day and I took the cheese cake along and it was totally polished off in minutes. It had set perfectly and had the delicate form and silkiness that a cheese cake should have. The freshness of the mango gelled beautifully with the creaminess of the cream cheese. All in all, this is a winner of a dish.
Talking about cheesecakes, have you seen this brownie cheesecake marble on the blog?
Recipe – Mango Cheese Cake (Adapted from Nag’s No Bake Mango Cheese Cake)
Three Layered Mango Cheese Cake - BM 6 Post 2
- 225 gms Cream cheese Philadelphia Cream Cheese (1 Block)
- 170 gm cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 of a cup mango puree (I used 3 medium sized Alphonsos)
- 1 Tbsp gelatine
- 1/4 cup water Hot
- 1.5 to 2 cups biscuit crumbs ( I used a crackers packet and a Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Packet)
- 75 gm butter melted (about 1/3 of a cup)
- Pound biscuits together to a coarse powder. You can also grind it in the mixer but I prefer it doing with the hand! Aah the joy 🙂
- Next cut the chilled butter in the biscuit mix and rub with your fingers so that the crumbs and butter mix well so that they just about come together. This is your first layer of the cheesecake, the base.
- Add this as a thin layer in the moulds. Press a little using hand or spoon and keep it in the fridge for about 20 minutes or so, till you make the rest of the cheese cake.
- Take the gelatin and dissolve it in hot water. One can also put it in double boiler or microwave for 10 secs. But take care that it doesn't form lumps.
- Add it to the mango pulp and let it stand till you make the cheese mixture.
- For the main cheese cake layer - Mix together the cream cheese, cream and sugar. Mix it till just a little smooth. Blending with hand just works fine and there is no need for a mixer.
- To this, add 3/4 of the mango - gelatin mix, fold in so that its just incorporated.
- Take out the moulds with biscuit crumbs you had kept in the fridge and add this mixture. This is going to be the thickest layer so be generous :D.
- Put in the fridge to set for 30 minutes so that the last layer doesnt blend in this and stands apart.
- After 30 minutes, pour the rest of the mango gelatin mixture over it for the last layer. Let it set for a minimum of 6 hours for the lovely and yummiest dessert.