This Savoury Bread Pudding with Spinach, Olives & Cheese is my go-to one-pot breakfast when I am looking for both comfort and deliciousness. Easy to adapt to any recipes at hand as well.
Savoury Bread Pudding is my favourite ever recipes. Actually I love all bread pudding and the regular readers of this blog very well know that but savoury one has a special place in my heart.
But before we talk about the recipe, a bit about life in isolation. I have kind of being using this space to record my thoughts around isolation and distancing for the past few days. I hope you enjoy reading that and not really getting bugged up by the ramblings. But if you are, then skip straight to the recipe. Though, I hope you won’t!
I think in these strange times that we are currently living in social media is hope and strength if we use it well. We are now in Day8/Day 11 of lockdown as a family.
We are now stlightly starting to get frazzled but have still not killed each other so all is well
Anyways more tomorrow I guess. Till then here is the recipe
Savoury Bread Pudding with Spinach, Olives & Cheese
- 6 slices bread any bread is fine. A day old is better
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp chilli paste or pesto or chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup spinach finely chopped
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cheese I used cheddar
- salt to taste
- Pepper to tast
- Pre heat oven to 180C. Grease a baking dish and set aside
- Beat together eggs, salt, pepper, milk, chilli paste and other herbs. Add vegetables and mix
- Chop bread roughly and lay in the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture. Top with cheese and bake for 20 mins
- Please feel free to use any vegetables you have handy
- Feel free to play around with flavouring. Add chopped garlic or any other herbs you have hand.
- Add cream for richer stuff