Microwave Sesame Potato is one of the easiest dishes you could make in the microwave! Delicious!
So for the first week this time I have chosen Microwave cooking and the first post in for my own dear MEC Potato feast is sesame potato.
It is a dish I created on my own and I swear it came out one of the best aloo side dishes. I have eaten so much so that mil has been asking me to make it again almost every other day these days 🙂
And with this we begin another round of BM. I just can’t tell you how much I love you, Valli, for taking me out of my laziness and making me write for 2 weeks every month 🙂 thanks dear.
This microwave sesame potato is one of those dishes which you can make in no time. If you have unexpected guests or some unexpected craving for potatoes, this is one dish which can be whipped up immediately!
I have it as is, or with some rotis or with some dal and rice. Whatever fancies your palate 🙂 I personally like sesame very much. I think it really enhances the flavors or so many dishes. Whether it is just some til gajak or making some khichadi, I think sesame is a pretty awesome seed to cook with.
Til is really good for health. It is good for the heart and lowers cholesterol. It is also helps burn fat and boosts nutrition absorption. It is a great anti-oxidant and definitely a great seed to eat!
I like both black and white til. If you have a sweet tooth but think you don’t want to make til gajak, then just roast some white til seeds and then add 3/4th the amount of sugar to it. Then just grind both in the mixer and you will love to eat this til powder.
Oh well, I digress. Do try making this super yummy microwave sesame potatoes.
Quick Cooking : Microwave Sesame Potato
- 4 potatoes medium sized cut into strips
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp jeera seeds
- 2 - 3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oil
- Par boil the cut and peeled potatoes dipped in microwave for about 4 mins.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a microwave safe flat pan for 2 mins stirring every 30 seconds. Keep aside to cool.
- Take a large microwave safe bowl and heat oil in it. Add the mustard and jeera seeds and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and the potatoes to it and microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Now add the salt, turmeric and the roasted sesame seeds and microwave for another 4 mins. At this stage I actually switched on the convection mode of the microwave but normal should be fine too.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and enjoy with hot rotis.