Potato cheese rolls – The perfect dish which can serve as a starter or evening snack idea! Potato and cheese combination is pretty amazing, isn’t it?
There are very few ways in which my son eats potato and this potato cheese rolls is one of them.
Not that potatoes are something to be missed in life but kids could do with some starch. Also, I think potato is a vegetable which gets more bad press than it deserves.
I had seen these potato cheese rolls long ago in a Sanjeev Kapoor cook book somewhere and forgotten about it totally. Later at my son’s birthday party I recalled them again. I didn’t have that recipe in hand but decided to use my own guts and common sense and create what I remembered. It did turn out very nice and it was gobbled down At the end of the party there wasnt any left for us to have. And before you roll your eyes, yes, this is a post from the drafts and the birthday was in December!
I guess I have been so busy with work that I didn’t get a chance to really post this recipe. This one is really great to eat. Serve with some chutney or some ketch-up. I think most kids will eat it as is. Because potatoes and cheese is an awesome combination, isn’t’ it?
Potatoes are pretty awesome if you ask me. Whether you just boil them and eat them with some salt and pepper or deep fry them. You can make tawa style potato fries, or you could add them to some fish curry like how the Bengalis do 🙂 You can make them into cutlets or just slice them and microwave them to make some sesame potato curry. Add them to a pulao or just make a simple potato roast.
makes about 15-20 mini sized
Potato Cheese Rolls | BM6.2 Post 2
- 2 potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup cheese grated (I used cheddar)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- handful coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 - 3 green beans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs + some for coating
- to taste salt (keep in mind the cheese would have)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients together apart from the oil plus bread crumbs for coating the rolls
- Wetting your hands a bit shape them into mini rolls or any other shape you like.
- Roll them in some more bread crumbs and fry till golden brown.