Tawa Potato Wedges. The humble potato in it’s best avatar and you don’t even need an oven to make these wedges. What else can one ask for?
Preeti is a dear friend and also a brilliant cook. Last week while we were casually chatting, she said she has some recipes like this tawa potato wedges, that she would like to share but doesn’t know where so like a good friend, I offered my blog. Win-Win situation isn’t it 🙂
From here on you can expect a regular column here by Preeti where she shares here favorite recipes.
Over to her
My super duper easy and a block buster hit at all times potato wedges 🙂 I have no experience in writing a recipe so kindly excuse me if there are any mistakes!
Isn’t is amazing how Preeti has come up with such an easy way to create wedges! And it is so healthy too! I love potatoes and am always looking for recipes which keep the potato in its healthy form and require less oil. This one seems to be a perfect recipe for that 🙂
These wedges go brilliantly well with soup as a dinner option or make them as a bite for cocktails. Trust me, a Cointreau and vodka based cocktail with these tawa potato wedges seems to be a perfect Saturday evening for me 🙂 I would love to end up reading a book snuggling in my favorite chair with a cocktail and these bites!
Oh well, I guess I have given you a picture of my perfect Saturday evening. We often end up being so busy through the week that weekends seems to be the right time to unwind and catch up with life, isn’t it? A couple of weekends in the month need some rest and relaxation, and what better than doing it with these wedges 🙂
Tawa Potato Wedges
- 6 to 8 potatoes Medium sized
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 - 2 tsps butter
- 1/2 tsp oregano Dried (pizza seasoning will do too)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- to taste salt
- Par boil potatoes (I pressure cook them for 2 or 3 minutes after the first whistle)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 4 wedges each.
- In a deep dish tawa, add a teaspoon of cooking oil (just so the butter doesn't burn) and the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the wedges and turn the flame to high. Toss them around a couple of minutes till it gets a light gold coating.
- Turn the flame to low, sprinkle salt, chilli flakes and oregano.
- Toss one last time and take off flame.
- Serve hot and watch it disappear in record time 😀
Leave a Reply