Green Peas & Roasted Tomatoes come together to form that Perfect Winter Sandwich. One that you will want to eat every day for the rest of the winter.
Winters are almost here and with that is the need to eat warm, cheesy foods. Winter also means that green peas are here. I couldn’t help but combine these two to create that Perfect Winter Sandwich. Green Peas & Roasted Tomatoes with a generous dose of cheese. If you try this one, I assure you will fall in love with it.
I love many things about Winter but I think green peas are among the top 10 things I love about it. For me, they are little jewels that winter brings to us. Jewels to play with, to eat as it is. Or to add in numerous dishes. Whether it is the breakfast poha or nimona or the stuffed parantha. Come winter and I am eating some form of green peas almost on a daily basis.
Last week, I made these brilliant green peas and roasted tomato sandwiches which the whole family found finger licking delicious. The child even asked me if he could eat the same for dinner as well. The sandwich can be eaten both cold or grilled though if you ask me grilled tastes way better, especially in winter. But the child preferred it cold so while I continue to roll my eyes you can pick which style you want.
But I can assure you of one thing, whichever way you pick. You will fall in love with it and will be making it many times through winter. And maybe later too, who knows 🙂
If you make it, do share a picture with me. Tag #sinamon on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. I would love to hear from you so do share the good things, the brickbats and if you want any clarifications about the recipe.
Green Peas & Roasted Tomatoes Sandwich
- 8 slices bread
- 1 cup green peas boiled and mashed
- 4 tomatoes sliced and roasted
- 4 cheese slice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- Mix mashed peas with thyme, paprika and salt. Set aside
- Roast sliced tomatoes in an oven at 180C for 12 minutes with salt and a touch of olive oil. You can add some chilli flakes if you want the sandwich spicy
- Heat a sandwich griller and start assembling the sandwich
- Spread a generous layer of green peas mixture, top with roasted tomatoes and put a slice of cheese on top.
- Spread some butter on both sides and grill in the machine till it is crisp and brown. Repeat for rest of the sandwiches.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and a cup of coffee for that perfect winter breakfast.
PS: The post may contain some affiliate links, earnings from which help keep the blog running in a small way.