Who doesn’t like grilled cheese Sandwiches and this Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich with Chilli Jam is all kind of awesome!
I promised you recipes with the Chilli Jam shared a few days ago and here I am with the first one. Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich with Chilli Jam.
Sandwiches are life (even when I am off grains ?) and Grilled Cheese sandwich might be the best thing ever discovered. Who agrees with me? Comment with ??♀️??♂️ if you do.
Now add Ham to it and it becomes well absolutely godly. Comment with ???? if you agree.
And now we are adding Chilli Jam to those to make them absolutely mind-blowing. The child and husband had a brilliant treat with these in the weekend. I promise if you make them, you will love them too. And so so easy to make.
Fun Fact – Did you know that the sandwich is actually named after a man who during a poker wanted to get a bite lest interrupt the game. So he put a piece of chicken between two slices of bread to avoid greasy fingers. And so the sandwich was born.
Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich with Chilli Jam
- 4 slices Bread
- 8 tsp Mayonnaise
- 4 tsp Chilli jam
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 4 slices Ham
- 2 tsp Butter
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan and add a little butter. Spread mayo on one side of the bread. Preferably use white bread for a grilled cheese as it crisps up really well. But a slice of sourdough works beautifully too.
- Once you pan is hot add the mayo side of the bread facing down on the pan. You need to start assembling your grilled cheese on the pan from now on.
- Top it with the ham slices, then grated cheese.
- On the other slice spread the chilli jam and place it on top of the cheese. Next carefully spread mayo on top of the slice.
- Check if the bottom slice has browned and crisped up, then flip
- Make sure to brown both sides, take it off heat and cut in half.