The nuttiness of the whole wheat flour goes perfectly with the chocolate flavour making these Chocolate Graham Crackers an absolute delight!
Question – What could be better than sharing the recipe of these delicious Chocolate Graham Crackers on World Chocolate Day?
Answer – Nothing!
Chocolate for me the answer of all of world’s problems. It’s comfort and hugs. Each bite telling me everything is fine, each bite making me ready to deal with the world. And for me personally darker the better. Are you a chocolate fan? (What are you even doing here if not ?). Dark or milk? (Not even asking about white ok ??)
Ok, let’s talk about these crackers then. Graham crackers are these whole wheat sweet cookies that are usually used in making s’mores or crushed and baked as a crust for cheesecakes. Graham flour is more of a coarsely ground whole wheat flour.
Classic graham crackers are great on their own sometimes flavoured with honey or cinnamon but these chocolate ones just take it to a whole new level. The nuttiness of the whole wheat flour goes perfectly with the chocolate flavour. It is not a very sweet cookie on its own but when paired with something else like a s’more or an ice cream sandwich or a key lime or meringue pie, it works great.
You don’t need any special ingredients or cutters for this cookie. And just like any other cookie you can freeze the dough and bake them anytime. These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for at least 4-5 days in room temperature. If you are a sweet tooth and like to nibble on something while sipping tea, give these cookies a go.
Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Rolling Pin
- 28 g All purpose flour (1/4 cup)
- 54 g Whole wheat flour ( .4 cup, little less than 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 70 g Icing sugar (1/3 cup)
- 22 g Cocoa powder (a little less than 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 56 g Butter (4 tbsp)
- 15 g Honey (1 tbsp)
- 20 ml Milk cold, (1.5 tbsp)
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and mix well.
- If using salted butter avoid the additional salt. Or you can always sprinkle salt on top of the crackers after baking, personally I feel it adds such a dimension of flavour to it.
- With the help of your fingertips rub the butter and flour together. Preferably use cold butter for this. Once the butter is combined with the flour it should somewhat resemble sandy texture.
- Whish the honey and milk together. Then add it to the flour mixture and use a fork combine. The dough will come together pretty fast, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 45 mins.
- Take out the chilled dough, flatten it a little with your palm and fold the dough onto itself for 10-12 times. I know it feels like too many times but it makes the crackers so much better.
- Place the dough between two parchment paper and roll it out at 1/16” inch thickness. Using fork dork the cookie dough, so that it doesn’t puff up in the oven as it bakes.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 mins, or until there is a matte finish on your crackers and your kitchen smells like chocolate.
- Take it out and immediately cut the crackers into 2.5”x2.5” squares or any shape/size of your choice.
- Let it cool completely before eating. Drizzle melted chocolate on top and sprinkle chopped up nuts for good measure. Or put some ice cream in the middle and turn it into an icecream sandwich.
If you make this , do share a picture with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you have to say about it. Also leave a heart on the recipe <3.
Leave a Reply