This Easy Til Paneer or Sesame Crusted Cottage Cheese is a very easy high protein party appetizer. Keto friendly to boot as well.
Paneer wasn’t something we made in our house till a while ago but that is slowly changing since the child loves it so much. This easy Til Paneer is one thing I make very often now. And like many of my recipes, it is easy, adaptable and of course delicious.
The first time I made it, I had some sesame podi lying around. I mixed it with some black sesame seeds, coated my paneer and that’s it! Next time, I had no podi so I quickly made some dry run imitating the podi ingredients. And then next time, my keto vegetarian friend was home for dinner so I used almonds instead of lentils. And it worked fabulously everytime.
So here is the super simple recipe with tips for the variations as well.
Try for yourself I say, and if you do share a picture with me. Tag #sinamon on twitter, instagram or Facebook.
Easy Til Paneer | Sesame Crusted Cottage Cheese
For the dry rub
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds black/white
- 1/4 cup urad dal use almonds if making the keto version
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- 1/4 tsp heeng
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
For the Paneer
- 250 gm paneer
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Sesame oil to shallow fry
- Roast all the dry rub ingredients together till fragrant. Allow to cool and grind to a coarse powder
- Slice paneer in thin traingles and coat with dry rub powder + chilli powder + black sesame seeds
- Shallow fry in sesame oil till lightly golden brown on both sides. Serve warm
Leave a Reply