Pista & Rose Coconut Ladoos are rehashed version of my childhood memories. Super easy to make, ready in under 30 minutes. These are best for festival desserts or as a regular day treat.
Coconut Ladoos was probably the first dish I ever made independently. I don’t really remember what age I was but these were easy, didn’t need a fire so was easy to convince mom to let me do it. Many years later I still make these with the same excitement. Yes, the gourmet quotient has been upped a little with the addition of rose and pista. But they are still as comforting and nostalgic.
Actually, not just Pista & Rose Coconut Ladoos I make many variations of these now. Sometimes I add a bit of melted chocolate with a hint of chili. Sometimes, a bit of orange zest & cranberry. The very desi yet brilliant version with Cardamom & dry ginger. And then there is the matter of spiking them, a bit of Malibu or Baileys does wonders to them if you are making an adult version.
I mean what is not to love in a recipe which is so versatile and yet as easy as 123. All it takes to make these ladoos is to mix together condensed milk, desiccated coconut, and flavorings. Pop into the fridge for a while so that it is easy to roll. And voila make ladoos.
So here is the recipe, make this combo or create your own and share with me.
Edited to add – This a recipe from August 2009 which was a part of this post on Til ladoos. I have updated the same with new pictures and text in September 2018 and published as a separate post.
Pista & Rose Coconut Ladoos - Memories of Childhood
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup pistachio chopped
- 2 tbsp dry rose roughly chopped
- 1 tsp rose water
- Mix desiccated coconut, pistachio and rose petals. Set aside a little of this mixture for coating and mix the rest with condensed milk and rose water.
- Chill for 30 minutes in fridge. Roll out ladoos and coat with the desiccated coconut. Store in an airtight container in fridge. It is ok for a week but never lasts me so long