Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Strawberry Loaf which combines the two most paired items in a fantastic tea time cake!
For me, Xmas time equates baking time. I guess it does the same for everyone. For the past three years, ever since I have been running Sin-A-Mon as a bakery, I have been even more busy. The orders are plenty and this is the season when both me and my oven are working overtime. However, this time around, due to a lot of personal and health issues, I didn’t take any orders but that doesn’t mean I am not baking. The child’s winter vacations have started and my kitchen is turned into a restaurant. He orders and I cook/bake. It’s so much fun and considering that I have had a very busy year, I am really thankful for this year-end bonding exercise. This double chocolate strawberry loaf is one of the dishes we baked together. If you want to keep track of what I am cooking/baking for him, follow me on Instagram here!
Who doesn’t like a delicious strawberry dipped in some chocolate? For me, this strawberry chocolate loaf means combining the most amazing ingredients together and making it healthy by using whole wheat flour. If you can lay your hands on some fresh strawberries, this is one way to use them! No one can resist this loaf at all. You can make a loaf and keep it for some time. You can pack it for your child’s lunch box and yours too 🙂
Eat this with a cup of tea or coffee, or gobble it up as a dessert.
I am a big fan of both chocolate and strawberries and it is evident with the number of recipes of both the ingredients I have on the blog. Whether it is the strawberry cheesecake with red wine strawberry compote or the strawberry chocolate cupcakes, I think strawberry and chocolate is one combination which is irresistible.
Double Chocolate Strawberry Loaf
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs large
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pre heat oven to 180C and grease a medium sized loaf pan with butter. Set aside.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients namely - whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg powder and baking powder soda and set aside.
- In a bowl of your mixer, cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add egg one at a time, beating till it is fully blended.
- Add the sour cream and beat further for a minute and fold in the flour mixture to it.
- In the end fold in the strawberries and the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait for it completely cool before removing from the pan and slicing.