Carrot Muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast or lunchbox option! Or just grab one of these and sit with a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the afternoon!
Carrot desserts are super hit in my house, whether it is gajar ka halwa or Carrot cake or these super easy to make Carrot Muffins.
These carrot muffins taste super delicious with a cup of tea or coffee. And they go great in the lunchbox too. They are also an amazing breakfast option, especially if you are in a rush. Just heat up for about 20 seconds in the microwave and dig into them as you leave home!
That is why I love baking muffins. They are so versatile and are single portion dishes, which means that you don’t have to worry about cutting them or having too much of them.
I also find muffins are one of the easiest things to bake. If you know the basics of baking muffins (like don’t over-mix the batter and if you are using wheat flour, increase the quantity of the oil or eggs to provide for the density), you can actually mix and match ingredients to suit your taste buds. Whether you are baking savoury ones or sweet ones, there is always the option of adding that extra ingredient which you love! In my case, it is more of what my son loves. And it is usually choco chips!
If you make this, share a picture with me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you have to say about it!
PS: This is a post from June 2009 which has been updated with new pictures and republished.
- 50 gms Walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 270 gms carrot raw, peeled & grated raw (about 2-3, 2 cups)
- 1 large apple peeled and grated
- 280 gms flour (2 cups)
- 220 gms castor sugar (1 1/4 cups)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup coconut grated, fresh but desiccated works as well
- 3/4 cup oil or melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven.
- Toast the walnuts for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let them cool and then chop coarsely.
- Peel and finely grate the carrots and apple. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon. Stir in the nuts and coconut. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet ingredients, along with the grated carrots and apple, into the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Evenly divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Thanks for sharing the recipe, Monika!
no interest in recipe… but interest in the muffin… can u courier it ?
is something worng with my internet explorer or did u forget to write the ingredients and method?? those muffins look good… be nice n share some..
Wow! Only 2 more posts to go for the blogathon? Gr8 gng gal 🙂
They look yummy! I too have made carrot cakes but never muffins! Have to try this out!
And just wanted to say that I find it amazing how you are doing this marathon – it must be no easy task – doing a post everyday!
Very delectable muffins…me going to don my baking gloves, soon.
so two more to go….. eh?
Smitha thanks… 🙂 it is difficult at times and I have done one filler inbetween but its been fun
glad sara let me know if u like them and welcome here 🙂
one more now ab 😀
ha ha why dont u come over hitchy and i will make some
oh there is a rec there mandy and i guess others are able to see it too… must be something with cache clear and load again
and ya anytime come over
thanks girl… one more now 😀
ojas loved it try it with peanut
B K CHOWLA says
Thanks,I have given the receipe to my wife.I will tell you the result over the week-end
so were the results good?
Hey this looks like a recipe I would like to try… Can I make it without coconut?
i think it should work without the coconut too
thanku ma’am …. a big fan of ur recipies !!