This Carrot, Ginger & Candied Citrus Peel Muffins have the goodness of carrots and ginger and the deliciousness of citrus peel to make it a much loved muffin in the house and for XMas!
Carrot, Ginger and Candied Citrus Peel Muffins are really easy to make and if you make the candied citrus peel in advance, these can be put together so quickly!
So you’ve been planning Christmas baking for a while now, in your head. You know you’re going to make your Christmas cake and your plum cakes, but sometimes, your kids also want to eat something different, too, right?
These tasty and healthy Carrot, Ginger & Candied Citrus peel muffins scream Xmas & Holiday season! These are perfect for your kids’ snack boxes too! After all it is holiday season and your kiddos deserve an extra little treat, this winter season. Give your kids this lovely treat todayand treasure the extra hugs you get in the evening. These are the perfect little additions to your holiday/Xmas gifting basket as well.
The best part is that these muffins are healthier than the regular muffins, because they are partly whole wheat based. Fruit peels, especially citrus-based ones are known to be rich in rough dietary fibers, which help in digestion. So icing on the cake, so to speak, that these combine so well.
I love the way we can use the peel of citrus fruits in this awesome muffins. I love citrus fruits and I love the fact that the peel can be used to. In fact, the peel of oranges can be used in so many ways. Place a bit in brown sugar and it prevents the sugar from caking. Add it to tea and elevate the taste of tea! Use it for cleaning purposes. Use it as a body scrub or dry it and powder it and use it on your face and body to soothe your skin!
Oh, before jumping into the recipe, here are some awesome orange recipes on the blog!
Grilled Chicken, Brussels Sprouts Salad with Orange Ginger Dressing
Orange and Cranberry Sweet Focaccia
Carrot, Ginger & Candied Citrus peel Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup citrus chopped candied peels
- 1/8 cup raisins
- egg s 2
- 3/4 cup milk
- 50 grams butter melted
- 1 cup Carrots grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line your muffin tray with liners. I used bake stand muffin holders and used them as is.
- Sift flour, baking powder and ground ginger together once. Stir in sugar, grated carrot, raisins and candied peels. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk and melted butter till thoroughly combined.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in the egg-milk-butter mixture. Stir untill just combined. Don't over mix.
- Pour the batter in prepared muffin pan three quarters fill and bake for 18-20 minutes or done at 200C.
- Set them aside to cool for about twenty minutes and they're ready to eat after that.
How much carrot does the recipe use up Monika? Waiting to try it out. Bored of the usual carrot cake recipes..
Amount of carrots? Grated?