I am a good cook -- and here's a Fish Curry to prove it!
Once someone told me that u can call yourself a good cook if u can get a fish curry right... and last week I did :) That was my first attempt at making a fish curry. I usually make fish fry or grilled fish at home. This turned out yummy... I was so happy.
So here is the recipe. I found it on the net and then modified it a little according to our tastebuds.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame and roast the dry red chillies, mustard and cumin seeds. Cool and grind along with tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a wide, heavy-bottomed pan and add the curry leaves. When they stop spluttering, add the onion paste and fry till light brown.
- Add the ginger and fry for a minute.
- Add the tomato and spice paste and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and the tamarind pulp to this masala and stir to mix well.
- Bring the gravy to a boil and then simmer till u get desired consistency. My hubby likes thick gravy in fish dishes so I boiled it for about 7 minutes or so.
- Gently add the fish to this gravy and cook till done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with plain boiled rice.
Unfortunately I forgot to click the snaps... but had a blast eating this... hope u guys enjoy it too.