Corn chilli muffins
I love savory bakes. Besides serving as a brilliant breafast option they are also healthier than the sweet variety. One can cut down on sugar and still enjoy the baked goodies :D.
Sometime back I had got about 2 kgs of fresh yellow cornflour from a friend's farm, I made yummy makki ki roti's and corn breads etc but there was still a lot left so I decided to experiment with muffins using it. Just took the corn bread as a base and worked around the recipe in my head to suit it to muffins. I was clear I wanted something spicy and hence added some green chillies and some red chilly flakes and also thought a little crunch would be good so added some corn kernels and chopped onion, some cheese for that extra kick and I can happily say that the result was delish... everyone enjoyed it for a hearty Sunday breakfast
- Mix both the flours along with salt and baking powder and keep seperate
- Beat eggs along with milk
- Add this to the to the flours and mix till incorporated, if u feel the batter is thick add a little more milk
- Fold in the chillies, onion, herbs and corn kernels
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 190C for about 15 minutes or till done