Broken Wheat Khichdi
Of late in my search of healthy things to eat the standard namkeen daliya and khichdi have met to make a Broken Wheat Khichdi for me... Its extremely healthy, light and good for kids, adults and dieters too and believe me its yummy... the first time I made it N said na u have this boring food but when he tasted he loved it and all of us at home are now hooked on to it..
- Soak broken wheat and dal for 2-3 hours (its ok if u dont soak, u just have to boil a little longer) in 5 cups of water.
- Heat oil in a cooke.
- Add jeera, mustard seeds and dry chillies.
- Add bay leaf and cloves.
- After 2 mins add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and green chillies and fry for another 3 mins.
- Add veggies and chicken fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the soaked broken wheat and dals along with water.
- Pressure cook for about 3-4 whistles.
- Serve hot with curd,pickle and kachumer salad for lunch/dinner and with green chutney for breakfast/snacks.
The other day I was chatting with Tara and discussing the marinates for our grilled chicken and I mentioned to her the green masala and she requested me to put it up here... so here it is dear for u :)
Recipe for Green Masala
1/2 bunch of mint leaves
1 bunch of coriander leaves
1 tbsp coriander seeds
6-7 dry red chillies (reduce if u dont like spicy food)
2-3 green chillies (again depends on u)
2-3 black pepper seeds
1 black cardamom (u can use green also if black is not there)
salt to taste
Grind the above to a coarse powder, mix with Olive oil and marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge and then grill as usual
PS: I have been running really really really busy will reply to all the comments soon...