A simple baked pasta recipe which serves as the perfect dinner option, full of health and taste!
N, Ojas and I – all of us love pasta, and this is the simplest and frankly, the most delicious pasta recipe. This simple baked pasta recipe works well with almost all pastas. I have tried it with Frafalle, Penne, Fussili, Alphabet Pasta, the shells and it tastes well with everything. Of course, the colored alphabets pasta are Ojas’s favorite and we often end up buying those and making this pasta.
I usually take out my portion, spice it up with more chilli flakes and Tabasco sauce before baking the rest. I used cabbage, capsicum, carrot, baby corn, but you can use whatever vegetables you like. And if you like your vegetables crisp, just skip blanching them. I usually blanch my vegetables for Ojas.
Since, I was in a baking mode today, I made some yummy banana muffins courtesy the Baking Buddies. I ended up modifying her recipe a little. Instead of using maida completely, I used 3/4th whole wheat flour and 1/4th maida. I increased the eggs to two and the result was healthier and still yummy muffins.
I also experimented with bread the first time in life.. Again with Mandy’s recipe. but what a disaster it was! It is edible but doesn’t have the bread texture at all. My bread is shouting for help, Mandy. I feel there was some problem with the way I handled yeast or maybe, the yeast I bought was not good enough because the dough didn’t raise at all, even after keeping the dough for four hours!
It was definitely a day of baking for me, and I must admit I have fallen in love with the baking process. Who am I kidding? I have always loved baking and trying out these new recipes does give me a lot of satisfaction. So what, if the bread didn’t come out well, I will conquer that one day too!
A day for Baking
- 1 cup pasta (I use whole wheat/semolina)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup veggies chopped and blanched
- 1 onion chopped
- handful oregano thyme basil fresh or dried
- to taste salt and red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- Boil pasta as per instructions.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan.
- Add the herbs and onions and fry for 3-4 minutes. The onions won't really turn brown because of olive oil and butter.
- Add the veggies and stir fry for 3-6 minutes depending on whether you have blanched your veggies or not.
- Add salt and red chilli flakes.
- Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 5 mins till the cheese is nicely melted.
- Serve hot.