A fresh and summery meal - Pressure Cooker pasta with a Crunchy Salad
A vibrant plate full of colours of seasonal fresh vegetables, cheesyness of the pasta and the spicy hint provided by pepper. This meal was one of my favourite quick meals of past sometime. The fact that I love one pot meals and topped by the fact that everyone in the house loves pasta was just an added advantage. And this one is so super easy to make that I should may be tag it as bachelor cooking ;) Just sautee veggies, add spices, cheese, pasta and water and steam that abt it.
We had this with a fresh and crunchy salad and some lousy bread from daily bread. Next time I won’t do that blunder and I urge you guys to think about it too ;) Don’t believe me see how crumbly the bread is in the picture below. The crust if you can even call it that was hardly sustaining the cutting with my sharp bread knife.
Recipe – Pressure Cooker Pasta.
Source – Adapated from a post in FB group.
Crunchy Summer Salad
For the dressing.
- Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker, add all the vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated cheese, the seasoning i.e herbs, salt and pepper. Saute for another minute.
- Add the water and the pasta. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and don’t put the whistle on, let it cook on high flame till the steam starts building. Reduce the flame post that and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 mins and serve hot.
- For Salad
- Mix all the vegetables together, if u have a salad spinner give it a spin or just mix it well enough.
- Stir all the dressing ingredients till well mixed, pour over the salad veggies and mix again.
- Chill and serve.
Can it really get easier than this? I think not :)