Roasted tomatoes & basil pasta is full of health and deliciousness. That one pot meal you will enjoy anytime!
I am a huge fan of one pot meals, O is a huge fan of pasta, N is a huge fan of anything with veggies. Result of that is that pasta makes a regular appearance in our house, I make a lot of kind of pastas but this roasted tomatoes & basil pasta is the favorite of everyone at home.
This roasted tomatoes & basil pasta is so basic yet so delicious that its almost unbelievable. Roast some tomatoes with garlic, basil, olive oil. I usually chop my tomatoes in fours, add olive oil, chopped garlic, tear some fresh basil leaves. Add some sea salt and black pepper.
Grill it in the oven at about 200C for about 30-40 mins till the tomatoes are nice and soft.
Use a hand whisk to slightly mash it.
Now saute some veggies and chicken if you want, in olive oil, add to the above sauce, let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and add to the boiled pasta and bingo its ready.
This one is an extremely simple recipe. And it is so healthy too. The family loves it and so do I. On days when I don’t want to cook anything elaborate and yet want something really awesome looking on the plate, this is my go-to dish. I love such simple dishes. They don’t require too much prep and they don’t need too many vessels or processes. Simple, easy and delicious!
I guess, I am a big pasta and salad fan. Like this pasta made in the pressure cooker. I love the simplicity of the dish and the fact that it is a one pot meal. Add a salad in the side and you have some amazing dinner or lunch on the table 🙂
So the next time you are craving for some pasta, just try this simple one and you will be super satisfied!
Roasted Tomatoes & Basil Pasta
for the sauce
- 8 to 10 tomatoes large ripe juicy
- 8 to 10 basil fresh leaves (if you don't have use 1 tsp dry )
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
for the pasta
- 1 cup veggies chopped (I like to use red and yellow peppers, broccoli, carrots whatever is around)
- 1/2 cup chicken or prawns boneless (chopped and cooked) (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- to taste salt
- 2 cups pasta boiled
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and grill it in a preheated oven at 200C for about 30 mins.
- After the tomatoes are a little cool, mash a little using hand whisk.
- In a separate pan heat olive oil and stir fry the vegetables, add chicken and shrimp if you are using them.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the boiled pasta, mix and serve hot. You may sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and add a dash of tobasco if you like your pasta spicy.