Easy to make & Delicious Zucchini Corn Fritters are perfect for breakfast, evening snack or cocktail bites. They work very well in the lunch box as well. If you ask me this is a winner recipe!
My sister was visiting us a while ago and she was visiting me after a good 3 years or so. And but of course, kitchen duty was assigned to me one day. We didn’t go anywhere, I cooked all the meals and we chatted endlessly about life and random family gossip. Among other things that I cooked that day these Zucchini Corn Fritters seemed to be loved by everyone on Instagram.
Everyone at home loved it too! Zucchini hating child plus mum who usually sticks to Indian food only. And they are so simple to make, grate zucchini, add flours spices, boiled corn. Mix, cook on the griddle and serve. I served it with some Harissa spiced Mayo and microgreens but even a tomato ketchup works very well with it.
You can make this in smaller sizes and serve them for an evening of wine and bites. Or as an appetiser at a cocktail part. Serve some salad on the side and it will work fantastically well if you are planning a multi-course sit-down dinner. And a friend who borrowed this recipe gives it to her a child in lunch box once every week. This is what I love about recipes like these, the ones that can be adapted and served on various occasions. Those are the recipes that make it to my handwritten recipe book.
Easy & Delicious Zucchini Corn Fritters
- 2 medium zucchini grated coarsely (unpeeled)
- 3/4 cup corn kernels parboiled
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup maida
- 1/4 cup besan
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder (optional, I added because sister likes it spicy but have often made without it as well)
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil/butter for shallow frying
For the dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Harissa Paste adjust according to the heat you want
- 2 tbsp microgreens I used Mizuna but most microgreens will work here. If you don't have microgreens, add chopped parsley
- Mix all the dip ingredients and set aside
- Mix together all the ingredients of the fritters to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a cast iron griddle, pour some olive oil and pour a laddle of batter. Don't spread it, it will spread a bit on it's own. Cover and cook till brown on one side. Flip on the other side and cook till golden brown
- Serve warm with the prepared dip