Prawn Hakka Noodles combine seafood in the best possible way with noodles! Delicious and so flavorful!
I love Hakka noodles and prawns and I combined them to magic by making this yummy prawn hakka noodles.
The first time I had eaten prawn hakka noodles was long ago in a small place in Goa. The taste of that still lingers in my mind somewhere. Later, I gave up eating non-veg and forgot all about it. Till I was reminded of it by a friend again.
I frantically started looking for recipes and for some strange reason didn’t find a single one of them 🙁 and that is when I thought why not just experiment with my standard hakka noodles recipe a bit. After all, it cant be very different, right?
I experimented a couple of times before finally figuring out and arriving at a recipe that I thought was perfect. I basically made changes in when and how to add prawns. I tried boiling them and adding, while sauteing veggies somehow wasn’t very happy with that since it did not turn out that great. The prawns didn’t absorb the flavor enough.
The next time I tried adding them just before veggies and frying them but it didn’t set too well too. So this time, I marinated them in a some oriental spices and sauces for about 30 mins and stir fried them before adding them along with veggies and that worked like magic :D.
See cooking with prawns is pretty easy. If you like prawns, you can actually create some amazing dishes with them. Like this 5 ingredients and done-in-10-minutes lemon butter prawns which I make when I am in a hurry. Or some delicious prawns curry made in coconut milk! Or just a done in 20 minutes kind of prawns masala curry. Sigh! prawns sure are a great seafood option!
So here is the recipe for you.
Prawn Hakka Noodles
- 200 gms noodles parboiled
- 300 to 400 gms prawns cleaned and deviened
- 1 cup veggies chopped ( I used carrots, red and green capsicum and cabbage)
- 2 white onion large chopped
- spring onion some ( will be best though I didn't have any )
- 2 tsps vinegar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- to taste salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
for the prawn marinade
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- pinch black pepper
- Mix all ingredients of marination and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Put 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a wok, rub salt in the prawns and stir fry the prawns in the olive oil.
- Keep aside and proceed with the noodles. Heat olive oil and add onions to it, saute till pink, add the veggies and saute for another mins. They should be crisp but not raw, add salt, pepper and Chinese spice powder.
- Add the prawns and saute for 1 minute.
- Now add the sauces and let it mix with the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add noodles and mix well and its ready to be served.