Oat Barn Muffins is made of whole wheat and oat barn and requires just a minimum amount of oil! Just the perfect recipe for some guilt-free eating!
I have found a new die-hard fan of my baking and that is my dear darling son 🙂 Every now and then, he comes and tells me ‘Mumma, please make something in the oven.’ And he is happy with whatever I make whether it is muffins, cakes or cookies. So, I have been thinking of baking something which is healthy too. While I was browsing for recipes, I chanced upon this recipe for Oat Barn Muffins at Joy Of Baking (BTW which is a site I adore!) and what a delightful recipe it is!
These muffins are healthy to the core. They have whole wheat and oat barn. For sugar, there is honey and brown sugar instead of processed white sugar and a minimal amount of oil. In fact, I can eat while dieting also 😀 and it tastes super yummy too! The slightly nutty flavor of the oat barn adds a different dimension to the muffin!
What more can I ask for a recipe of a muffin?
And oat barn is so healthy. It is supposed to lower cholesterol and slows down the sugar and fat absorption in the body. It is supposed to create a feeling of fullness in the stomach, due to its high fibre content which means that you don’t feel hungry for a long time, after eating some oat barn. It is supposed to protect the body against diabetes and promote weight loss, and relieves constipation. Definitely an ingredient which does wonders to the body and adds to the taste of the muffin!
I think oats are a great addition to anything you are baking. Like this choco apple oats cake, which tastes so super delicious! So try out these oat barn muffins today and trust me, you will be baking them oh-so-often!
Oat Barn Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (130 grams)
- 1 cup oat bran (150 grams)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar light (75 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon orange grated zest (outer skin of )
- 1 egg large, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup honey (60 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence pure
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups milk (300 ml)
- 1/2 cup raisins (70 grams)
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder(the original recipe also asks for baking soda which I skipped, for some reason I have a great dislike for soda) , salt, ground cinnamon and orange zest.
- In another bowl whisk together the lightly beaten egg, honey, vanilla essence,oil, and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir just until moistened.Gently stir in the raisins (The batter will be quite thin).
- Pour or ladle the batter to fill the muffin cups, and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 16 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
i am baking this one today 🙂
Oh wow! That one sounds yum 🙂 Luved the way Oju says it 🙂
And thanks for sharing that link Mons 🙂
This sounds just perfect! Have to try this next week!
Life Begins says
Oh wow..great. i want one too
Am surely going to bake something this weekend.
Looks yummy. I am going to bake these
😛 😛 😛 😛
😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛
😛 😛 😛 😛
😛 😛 😛 😛
😛 😛 😛 😛
😛 😛 😛 😛
awesome is all i can say!! 🙂
let me know if u liked it?
welcome swaram thats one site u can blindly follow for baking
yeah yeah do it try it smiths
happy baking 😀
go ahead ritu and enjoy without guilt
what kind of a comment is this hitchy haan?
🙂 and thank u is what i reply
These look awesome and am trying it pretty soon 🙂
try it out smita and let me know if u liked it 🙂
Drool !!!!!!!!!! what else !!!!!!!
Avanti Sane says
i remember eating these at your place.they were delicious! i remmeber carrying some with me too for the munchkin..thanks babes!
These look super! And u mentioned healthy too…bookmarking it to try 🙂 When u say whole wheat flour you mean chapathi atta right?
Wow! those look super yummy!
Oju is so so cute! sigh… hugs to him from me as well!
yeah both ojas and munchkin eat that for lunch 🙂 and dont mention thanks dear
yeah thats what i mean plain atta…
thanks pixie dear will pass ur hugs
ha ha ha
Gud recipe, Monu !!! Am gng to try it immediately !!!! 🙂
Can eat while dieting – thats what I am looking for !!!! 😉
thats what we are all looking for these days isnt it 😀
😀 😀 😀
Thanks Monika… I baked these today and they turned out awesome! I didnt find oat bran so used rolled oats… they were awesome all the same!!!
Monika…three cheers for this super duper recipe!!! I have baked this every week for the past 3 weeks…my kids are in love with this! its soooo tasty and healthy at the same time!!!!
Can u add instructions of how to bake it n microwave!!