I love sandwiches because of the very fact that you can make a sandwich as healthy or as sinful as you want :D Also you can eat them at any time of the day... breakfast, snacks, dinner... Isn't that versatile?
I am eating a lot of sandwiches for breakfast these days. However, I find very few recipes that suit my requirements these days viz. no cheese, no butter, no potatoes but still tasty! A lot of surfing, a little bit from this recipe, a little bit from that, and I have discovered my own set of such healthy and low calorie sandwich recipes. I used to love mayo-based sandwiches but since I can't have that now, I found these healthier options. Personally, I think that curd is the best way to have milk-based products. Extremely healthy, the maximum amount of calcium, and great bacteria for the stomach.
Green Peas and Roasted Tomato Sandwich
Dahi Walla Sandwich
- Green Peas and Roasted Tomato Sandwich:
- Mash the green peas coarsely by either a masher or in the mixie.
- Cut the onions and mix the masalas, green peas and onions together.
- Cut the tomatoes in round slices. Place them on a microwave-friendly plate and microwave on HIGH for about 4 min.
- Sprinkle the oregano and garlic flakes on top of the tomatoes.
- Put the microwave on convection/grill and roast for about 5 min.
- Spread green chutney on one side of two slices of bread. For kids or for those who like and can afford to eat cheese, use cheese spread :)
- Put a layer of green peas stuffing on the bread and put 2-3 roasted tomatoes on the top. You can also top it with grated cheese if u want.
- Grill or roast the sandwich on the tava. Repeat with the other two slices.
- Dahi Walla Sandwich
- Mix all the ingredients along with the curd drained of whey
- Make two sandwiches using the bread and this mixture, and grill or roast them on a tava.
Avanti hopefully you can use them for your snacks, and Sols hope Peanut likes them too. Let me try and do some recipes that I make for Ojas next week :D