Prawn Hakka Noodles
Hakka noodles and prawns two foods I love combine together to create magic.... The first time I had eaten prawn hakka noodles is long long ago in a small place in Goa and the taste of that sitll lingers in my mind somewhere... later I gave up eating nonveg and forgot all about it. Till I was reminded of it by a friend again, I frantically started looking for recipes and for some strange reason didn't find a single one of them :( and that is when I thought why not just experiment with my standard hakka noodles recipe a bit, after all it cant be very different right?
I expermineted a couple of times before finally figuring out and arriving at a recipe that I thought was perfect. changes were basically about when and how to add prawns. I tried boling them and adding while sauteing veggies somehow wasnt very happy with that, the result was a bit not too perfect. The prawns didnt absorb the flavor enough. The next time I tried adding them just before veggies and frying them but it didnt set too well too... So next time I marinated them in a some oriental spices and sauces for about 30 mins and stir fried them before adding them along with veggies and that my friend worked like magic :D.
So here is the recipe for u :)
For the prawn marinade
- Mix all ingredients of marination and keep aside for minutes 30
- olive oil in a wok, rub salt in the prawns and stir fry them till done 1/2 tbsp
- Keep aside and proceed with the noodles. Heat olive oil and add onions to it, saute till pink, add the veggies and saute for another mins. They shld be crisp but not raw, add salt, pepper and chineese spice powder 2 5
- Add the prawns and saute for minute 1
- Now add the sauces and let it mix with the vegies for minutes 2 3
- Add noodles and mix well and its ready to be served