I LOVE Zaatar! It is one of my favourite spices which makes this Zaatar Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese one of my favourite salad in a way. Easy to make, healthy and oh so delicious.
One of my favourite spice blend to take most dishes a notch up is Zaatar. Whenever anyone is travelling to Dubai or Middle East, I literally beg them to get me a huge stock and then wait for the next person to make that trip. You do get it here too but the ones you get from the Middle East are the Best. And one of the easiest ways to use Zaaatar in my house has been to make this Zaatar Roasted Vegetables.
With this salad, we are at the end of the current salad series on the blog. And that too with just 5 days delay. Not too bad if you ask me. As I write this post and look back on the 26 salad posts that I have gone up, I feel such happiness and content. The kind you feel at the end of a project. A project well executed, because that is what it is to me.
I do hope that all of you feel the same. As always the blog keeps running with your engagement, so let me know how you felt about this? Did it help you with your salad making? The various tips and recipes, did you guys like them? What is that you would like to see more on the blog.
I was hoping to take a little downtime after this but there already are so many pending posts with the salad series running. Recipes that I have been meaning to share, reviews that I wanted to write. So I think I will be back on the blog sooner than I wanted to after this series.
But today, I will pour myself a glass of wine and celebrate finishing yet another project. It might not be big but then who said celebrations only need to be done for big things.
Zaatar Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese
- 200 gm sweet potato
- 200 gm Carrots
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 small cabbage
- 3 medium onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Zaatar
- Salt to taste keep in mind how salty your zaatar is
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Peel and chop the vegetables in large chunks. As you see from the picture, I like to keep my vegetables pretty big for this. Also a note here, You can pick and choose the vegetables you want for this salad. I often use whatever is in the fridge for this. Beetroots, beans, bell peppers all work very well.
- Coat the vegetables with Zaatar and olive oil. If you wish add a few garlic pods to the vegetables. Add salt and grill it in the oven at 200C for 30 minutes or till the vegetables are done. I like to grill the vegetables till they are slightly charred. But if you don't like that, take them out sooner.
- Let the vegetables cool a little bit and serve with a generous helping of feta cheese.