Roasted Tomatoes & Basil Pasta
Roasted tomatoes & basil pasta is full of health and deliciousness. That one pot meal you will enjoy anytime!
for the sauce
- 8 to 10 tomatoes large ripe juicy
- 8 to 10 basil fresh leaves (if you don't have use 1 tsp dry )
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
for the pasta
- 1 cup veggies chopped (I like to use red and yellow peppers, broccoli, carrots whatever is around)
- 1/2 cup chicken or prawns boneless (chopped and cooked) (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- to taste salt
- 2 cups pasta boiled
Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and grill it in a preheated oven at 200C for about 30 mins.
After the tomatoes are a little cool, mash a little using hand whisk.
In a separate pan heat olive oil and stir fry the vegetables, add chicken and shrimp if you are using them.
Saute for 2 minutes.
Add the sauce and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Add the boiled pasta, mix and serve hot. You may sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and add a dash of tobasco if you like your pasta spicy.
If you make this, share a picture with me on twitter, instagram or Facebook? I would love to hear what you have to say about it !