Refreshing Orange Salad with Roasted Beetroot
Orange Salad with Roasted Beetroot and rocket leaves is a light and refreshing summer salad. A perfect side for a heavy party meal or a weekday pasta.
- 6 medium Oranges peeled and seperated as segments
- 2 medium beetroot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup rocket leaves
- 2 tsp pistachio toasted and roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cranberry chutney I used a jar that was lying around, feel free to skip or add any other sweet-tart bottled sauce you have
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
Heat a oven to 200C for 15 minutes. Peel and chop beetroot in cubes. Add salt, garlic, thyme and grill for 15 minutes. You can also add some chilli if you wish. Let it cool completely.
Mix all the salad ingredients in a jar and blend well.
Pour some dressing on oranges and mix. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
Mix the rest of the salad ingredients together and drizzle with some more dressing. Serve immediately, specially because sometime oranges do get bitter on standing.