T is for temptation… chocolate temptation
Need I say anything else 🙂 and that makes this post eligible for a Wordless Wednesday too 🙂
PS: Thank you all for sending in those icing recipe. I am having a ball trying all those out 🙂 Blogsphere does rock!
Edited to add : recipe on popular demand
T is for temptation... chocolate temptation Need I say anything else 🙂 and that makes this post eligible for a Wordless Wednesday too 🙂 PS: thank u all for sending in those icing recipes, i am having a ball trying all those out 🙂 blogsphere does rock Edited to add : recipe on popular demand Ingredients **Cake.
- 2 eggs large
- 3/4 cup sugar powder
- 2/3 cup sugar ordinary
- 2/3 cup curd
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain flour (200 gm)
- 1 tsp soda bicarb
- 1/2 cup milk cold
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp rum or brandy optional
Chocolate Cream Filling
- 150 gm cream (3/4 cup)
- 3 tbsps sugar powder
- 3 - 4 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 50 gm fresh cream
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 slabs (40 grams each) dark chocolate Amul / Nestle / Bournville
- Grease an 8-9 inch round tin. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees F.
- To prepare cake, mix ordinary sugar, curd, vanilla essence and cocoa in a pan. Beat well till sugar dissolves. Keep aside.
- Beat pwd sugar and eggs till frothy and double in volume.
- Add oil to the eggs gradually, beating all the time.
- Sift flour and soda together.
- Add 1/2 the flour and 1/2 the beaten eggs to the cocoa mixture. Mix well. Add the left over eggs and flour and mix gently till smooth. Bake at 180 for about 40 mins. Remove from oven and cool.
- Cut through the cake horizontally with a sawing motion with a serrated knife. Separate it, keeping the inside surfaces facing up.
- Mix 1/2 cup cold milk with 1 tbsp sugar and rum. Soak the cake pieces with this milk.
- To prepare filling, beat chilled cream with sugar, cocoa and essence till soft peaks form. Beat further carefully till stiff peaks are formed.
- Place a piece of cake on a serving plate. Spread the chocolate cream and invert the second piece of cake on it.
- To prepare topping, break softened chocolates into small pieces. Heat cream in a heavy bottom pan on low heat. DO NOT BOIL. Add chocolate pieces and butter and stir continuously till chocolate melts.
- Pour this over cake immediately. Spread with a long knife dipped in cold water. Keep in fridge for 30 min for icing to set.
- Decorate as you want.
Recipe Source : originally Nita Mehta's bakes and cakes, sent to me by gracious Uma.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Just call me 'A' says
I’m hungry and drooling. I loveeee anything chocolate! The cake looks ready to party 🙂
Droooooool 😉 I so wanna grab that and take a bite nw 😉
Life Begins says
you are a star 🙂
Want to attack ur house righaway to get this cake.. 🙂
looks yummy 😉
That’s a great choice for T and tea!!!!!!!
My keyboard is getting wet from all the drool now! It looks absolutely scrumptious!
…surely tempts the soul!
Have a great day!
Come visit <a href=”http://fickleinpink.blogspot.com/2009/12/t-is-fortrees.html” rel=”nofollow”>my Wednesday</a> if you have the time!
Life is beautiful!
Yummy. The next time I am in Bangalore I am surely going to ring your doorbell!
Can we meet Monika? (ASAP!!! I just need to have a bite right now!!)
that is one helluva yummillicious post 🙂
makes me hungry 🙂
Now I have to go search the fridge for some chocolate.
Yummy! I am so dying for a slice of that chocolate cake!
Yummy cake !!!!
BTW Monu, I also did that Chocolate Temptation for my hubby’s bday yday. Came out very well and just loved it !!!!
S for SADIST !!!!!!!!!
Looks mouthwateringly awesome
Send to me also plsss!
thank u all 🙂
shilpa i promise to make this for u only u have to come now 🙂
HA HA HA
u know i was waiting for ur comment on this one
poppy u come this side, promise i will make one for u 🙂
LOL it over my dear but come come i will make again
and BTW i like that pic puja
🙂 welcome to my space rajlakshmi
so did u find?
🙂 welcome to my space
oh yes everyone loved it here too
thanks marie and welcome here
fickleinpink welcome here
thanks hildred and welcome here
Oooh – Temptation! Wonderful!
Thank you, on behalf of the ABC Team.
Imp's Mom says
yummmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! me want.
OMG! OMG! OMG! Why ! Why! Why!!!
I need some too.
Btw, how did most of you girls get the snowflakes drifting away gently on your blogs?? Let me into the secret, pliss!
yummy!! even though I dont like chocolate flavor 🙂
Goofy Mumma says
OMG! You baked this at home? You should go pro Monu!! Yummy… droolicious!!
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!
that looks unbelievable!!! gems decoration is my fav!!
monu!!! i pity myself that i ain’t ur neighbour!!!!!!!! wail!!!!
wordless wednesday post has me speechless…..
😀 😀 😀 😀
luck N and Ojas!!!! i want a slice! this is torture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👿
sigh! i have to wait till morn till i get myself a pastry…. all thanks to this pic!!!
🙂 Thank You!
Hey..can I have a small piece of that cake Monika. I am drooling all over my work place now. Thats not fair of you…to tempt us hungry souls like this !!!
It looks yummilicious! 🙂 🙂
I loved the whole decoration! 🙂 🙂
oh pal thats simple, go the extra settings in WP and click on enable snowflakes… its WP provided feature I enabled it thanks to Sols
now thats huge reema thanks 🙂
yes yes I did thats why I said come to blore girl 😛
first of all monu breaks into a jig
balle balle aahun aahun
crafty is back 😀 😀 😀 😀
and then thanlks darling u come I will make this for u…
thank u pixie darling
Roger Green says
As Homer Simpson might say, “choco…late…”
oh thanks for that. trust sols to come up with this 🙂 and thanks to u for sharing the secret 😉
Crafty Shines says
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DARLING OJAS!!!!!!!!
*sooooper tight celebration hugs* and loads of muahs to him!!!!!
hope he has an awesome celebration and a great year!!! added him to my blog bday cupcake!!!!
monu!!! looks like next post will also have a cake!! tee hee! header looking so lovely!
enjoy the day!!!
thank u darling super tight hugs to u too 🙂
yes yes the next post is going to have a cake and that too a train cake
i made a train cake for him crafty was so nervous but came out really well
for me ?? it must be over by now 🙁
u are most welcome Pal 🙂
ya its over but come over dear I will make one more 🙂
hand me a napkin..im drooling..:)