There are few muffins to beat the awesomeness of Rocky Road Muffins! The soft marshmallows, the sprinkling of chocolate chips and the crunchiness of almonds make these muffins such a delicious treat!
Rocky Road muffins are the child’s most favorite muffin ever. I guess the marshmallows in it do the trick and when I was listing down options of what to post with R, he said ‘Mumma you have to post Rocky Road” for R and hence, here are the Rocky Road Muffins!
Rocky Road Muffins
- 1 cup maida
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2.5 tsps baking powder
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 60 grams marshmallow
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs large
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and marshmallows. Set aside.
- Reserve about 1/3 of the chocolate chips and pecans and add the rest to the flour mixture. Mix once.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the brown sugar, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined, don't overmix.
- Portion out the batter evenly among the muffins cups, I like to use the ice cream scoop for this and sprinkle chocolate and nuts on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Let it cool a bit before eating. Serve as a snack to kids or for breakfast.