A delightful food festival at Karavalli, Bangalore showcasing Syrian Christian cuisine!
A food festival highlighting Syrian Christian cuisine at one of my favorite places in Karavalli Bangalore. Go check it out, people.
Here is a photolog.
Yummiest tomato rasam in bangalore
Button mushroom tossed with onions and black pepper
Lamb dry cooked with coconut slivers and a spice mix of shallots. My dish for the day!
The curries –
- Koorka Chemmen Peralan- koorka, baby potatoes, and medium prawn cooked in spiced coconut milk.
- Meen moilee – Fish cooked with mild spices in coconut milk.
- Kozhi Varatharachathu – Spiced chicken with broiled coconut.
- Chakka Kuru Kashvandi Ularthu – Jackfruit seeds and tender cashew cooked dry.
- Kadachakka Theeyal – Bread fruit cooked in roasted coconut, jaggery and tamarind
- Vttayappam – Steamed rice flour cake.
- Ila ada – Steamed rice flour cakes stuffed with coconut gratings and jaggery.
- Mulayari Payasam – Bamboo rice cooked in coconut milk and jagery.
- Kumpal Appam – Jackfruit and rice flour mixed with jaggery and wrapped banana leaves