Microwave aloo mutter is so delicious and really easy to make! An amazing weekday dinner recipe 🙂
And its time again to do Valli’s wonderful marathon, one week of theme based blogging and this time we chose the theme as microwave cooking. And this microwave aloo mutter is a dish for the theme!
Now I always do microwave cooking off and on but the motivation for doing a 7-day posts on microwave came from the tea I whipped up in microwave when my gas wasn’t working. So when Valli this time asked me to pick up a theme, I kept wondering what till the last minute and finally picked Microwave Meals. Though I am going to be cheating here and posting mostly microwave curries, sabzis and rice :P.
So today we look at Mircowave Aloo Mutter, which actually came out pretty yum and hubby refused to believe I made it in microwave.
We really under-use our microwave, is what I feel. It is really easy to cook in the microwave, once you have an idea on the timings and what exactly can be cooked in it. If you are looking to cook elaborate meals, then gas stove cooking is good, but if it is things like thawing frozen food or just creating a simple dish, then microwave is sure a great option.
I think if you want to start teaching your children how to cook, microwave cooking is a great option. Start by teaching them how to heat dishes in the microwave and move on to simple recipes. Like a mug cake. Or simply boiling corn in the microwave and making a simple butter salt pepper corn dish.
While microwave does require special kind of vessels (I personally prefer glass or ceramic for it), it is definitely a great piece of equipment to have in the kitchen.
Here is the recipe to the awesome aloo mutter curry I made in the microwave.
Microwave Aloo Mutter | BM5 | Post 1
- 4 potatoes Medium size
- 1 cup Peas frozen (thawed)
- 1 onion large (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 tsp jeera seeds
- 1 tsp Dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp aamchur powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp tava masala optional
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp oil
- In a glass plate or directly on the microwave tray, keep washed potatoes along with a small bowl of water so that the potatoes don't get dried and wrinkled. Microwave on high for about 4-5 minutes till potatoes are done. Keep aside for cooling.
- In the meanwhile, take a big glass bowl, add the oil and jeera to it and microwave for 2 mins.
- Add the onions to it and microwave for another 4 minutes till the onions soften and start to turn pink.
- Now add the tomatoes and microwave for another 4 mins till tomatoes look somewhat cooked.
- In the meanwhile, peel and dice the potatoes.
- After the tomatoes are done, add the peas and all masalas and microwave for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and microwave for another minute or so and let it rest for about 5 minutes so that the flavors mix well.
- Serve with hot rotis :D.
Nice one, Monika. I use the mw extensively and am always on the look out for new recipes. I look fwd to seeing all that you cook up in it.
Good one. I have never prepared gravy curries in the MV. Preparation of Sweets is totally a different story 🙂
Nice!! Never thought we could do this in a microwave!!
Lovely one… i have never tried this in Microwave… will try it out soon…
This looks so good
I will participate next time too! My food blog really needs a revamp 😉
Omg, mouthwatering here, simply inviting and delicious..
Aloo mutter looks delicious. Well explained the MW cooking steps.
A good recipe for me to try in the Mw..Looks wonderful
Suma Gandlur says
Looks delicious. I cook frequently in MW and looking forward to your MW cooking session. 🙂
Looks fantastic ~ just need some rotis to polish it off 🙂
<a href=”http://usmasala.blogspot.com” rel=”nofollow”>US Masala</a>
I don’t cook in mw that much and looking forward to your recipes!
Priya Mahadevan says
this is a neat idea – I never use my MW for cooking – must try 🙂
I never use mw to cook an entire dish. Your curry looks amazing. Looking forward to all your mw dishes this week.
Gayathri Kumar says
Looks so inviting..
Srivalli Jetti says
Lol I can agree on hubby not believing the dish was made entirely in Mw..happens all the time with me..:)..
I’ve never done any dish like this in microwave…this sounds simple….lemme try this !!! 🙂
nice MW version ….