Three bean cutlet is an amazing snack to have in the evenings or for breakfast and works great as a cocktail bite in a party! You can even use them as patties in a burger!
I have been using Rice Bran Oil in my kitchen for sometime now and I always feel the food cooked with it feels lighter, so when Fortune Rice Bran Oil contacted me to design recipes for them, I was more than happy to. This three bean cutlet is one of my favorite ways of having cutlets.
Fortune Oil, along with sending the oil, sent a list of benefits of Rice Bran Oil and some myths to be debunked around it. Some of them so interesting, According to them, it is less oily and I have to agree to this one.
Less-oily, healthy food: Cooking oils become sticky due to oxidation during frying. Ricebran oil is highly stable which keeps it non-sticky and the food absorbs lesser oil.
Also a common myth is that Rice bran is made from rice, they clarify it here.
Is FRBH oil made from rice? And can’t be consumed during fasts? No, it is made from the bran of rice, a nutritious brown layer between the grain and husk. Bran is the only source of Oryzanol, which helps reduce cholesterol and prevents heart disease. It can be consumed during fasts.
So definitely a great oil to cook with. I love cooking with rice barn oil because of its neutral taste. You can not feel the oily aftertaste in your mouth after you cook with rice barn oil. And like I mentioned, it is good for health too.
This three bean cutlet is really easy to make. You just need to remember to soak all the beans a night in advance and you have this ready in no time. Delicious and easy 🙂 And you can definitely serve this with some awesome green chutney!
Desi Health Bites : Three Bean Cutlet
- 1/2 cup chick peas boiled (white channa)
- 1/2 cup kidney beans boiled (rajma)
- 1/2 cup black eyed beans boiled
- 1 potato large boiled
- 1 onion small finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- handful coriander leaves chopped
- to taste salt
- Rice Bran Fortune Oil for shallow frying
- Using a potato masher, mash together the boiled chick peas, kidney beans, black eyed beans and potato.
- In the above add the finely chopped onions, bread crumbs (whisk toasted bread in mixing to make bread crumbs at home), ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves and dry spices.
- Let this rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take about 2-3 tbsp of the dough and make round patties about 1/4 inch thick. Smoothen the edges of the cutlet so that it doesn't break while frying.
- In a cast iron or any other shallow pan, add little Fortune Rice Bran Oil, we don't need too much, just a very thin layer. Once it is hot, shallow fry your cutlets 3-4 minutes on each side till they are golden brown.
- Repeat for all the cutlets.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.